The Bijou Blog seeks new academic work that engages with film and video studies, production, or theory. As part of the Bijou Film Board’s greater mission of bringing film culture to the University of Iowa campus, our main goal is to publish the works of both new and experienced film writers in a space that fosters a passion for film and video as a place of artistic and academic interest.
Examples of what we might accept include, but are not limited to:
- Analytical or theoretical essays on film, film history, etc.
- Film reviews and criticism
- Personal essays involving film
- Video essays that engage or respond to cinema
- Creative responses to one or more films (in the form of poems, videos, visual art, etc.)
Email submissions to our blog editor, Molly Bagnall, at firstname.lastname@example.org.